‘Having My Journey coming into the Virgin Media Winnersh Office and provide information about National Walking Month really helped myself and my colleagues to think about being more active during the working day. I’ve joined the fortnightly walking group run by Anita, and have encouraged a few colleagues to join the group too.’ Vinay Pitambaran, Virgin Media - Winnersh Business Park
My Journey can provide a range of support to businesses to help encourage more active modes of travel amongst Wokingham borough employees. Examples of what we can provide is listed below. There is also a link to the Cycle to Work Scheme.
Cycle Focused Initiatives and Activities
- Bike Maintenance Workshops – teaching employees the essentials of bike maintenance with a qualified mechanic.
- Cargo Bike - looking for different way to transport goods to your clients or customers? Try out the cargo bike!
- Cycle Training – sessions from your workplace to improve on-road skills and build confidence.
- Dr Bike – a visit from a qualified mechanic to conduct a maintenance service on employee’s bikes.
- Urban Limits - bike challenges for the workplace.
- Cycle to Work Scheme - everything you need to know.
Travel Initiatives and Activities
- Travel Plan Support - advice and support to help workplaces produce a travel plan.
- Events and Stalls – tailored travel information, ideal for annual awareness events (Bike Week, Cycle to Work Day, National Walking Month, Road Safety Week).
- Grants - sustainable travel grants to fund cycle storage, pool bikes etc.
- Led Rides or Walks – during lunchtime or after work. A great way to encourage staff to socialise and exercise.
- Volunteers Scheme – provide training workshops, essential resources and expert advice to a travel champion within your workplace.
If you're interested in any of the above contact us for more information.