Bikeability Level 3 Training for Adults - 24th April 2020 (POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
Time: 10am-3pm (please bring a packed lunch, a roadworthy bike and cycle helmet)
Date: Friday, 24th April 2020
Venue: Meet at the Bike Shed at the back of the car park in the Council Offices, Shute End, Wokingham, RG40 1BN
Cost: The course costs £10.00 please bring a packed lunch.
This course is for adults who can already ride a bike competently on quiet roads but want to increase their confidence on busier roads and learn how to cycle safely in traffic.
You can probably already ride several miles, you have a knowledge of the Highway Code and understand priorities (as you may drive a car as well as cycle.) However, do you know where to position yourself on the road when you are cycling and do you communicate effectively with other road users to keep yourself safe?
A Bikeability Level 3 Course includes the following elements:
- How to ride assertively
- Maintain suitable riding positions
- Pass queuing traffic
- Use junctions controlled by traffic lights
- Use multi-lane roads and roundabouts
- Use cycle infrastructure and bus lanes (if present)
- Cooperate with and respect other road users
- Negotiate vehicles that pull in ahead
- Ride with other cyclists
- Ride on roads with a speed limit above 30mph
Book a place
Please contact us to book a place and we will send you an application form.