Ride to Work Week - 23rd-29th March 2020
What's it all about?
Riding all or part of the way to work has significant benefits that will make you happier, healthier and wealthier.
More people riding to work reduces:
- illness and sick leave - cycle commuters are fitter and healthier, taking half the sick leave of their non-cycling colleagues
- stress and anxiety - people who ride to work regularly report improved mental health
- the cost of commuting - the average UK worker spends £146 monthly, or £135,000 over their working life
- the cost of public health - the NHS could save billions through reduced obesity, diabetes and heart disease
- congestion and pollution, which contributes to 40,000 premature deaths annually in the UK
Commuting by bike has many benefits for individuals, organisations and society - plus it's great fun! Join us to reboot your commute and discover the joys and benefits of commuting by bike!
How can I take part?
Anyone, anywhere can register for Love to Ride. You can record your mileage, set yourself goals and earn badges too.
If you're registered on a local Love to Ride platform - we're working with the local authority in your area which means you get access to the full prizes pool!
Registered on Love to Ride UK? Sign-up your workplace for a Love to Ride Business programme to unlock daily prize giveaways including A BIKE A DAY during Ride to Work Week.
Please visit Love to Ride's website to register or for more information.