Winter Wheelers 2021
Winter Wheelers is a great way to conquer the cold and enjoy some winter riding. With a focus on building cold weather riding skills and, of course, winning prizes, Winter Wheelers aims to make cycling a year-round activity.
The 25-day-long competition is not about who can ride the most miles, it’s simply about taking part. Winter Wheelers concludes with one rider receiving a message on Christmas Day telling them they’ve won a bike worth £1,500!
You can ride your bike anywhere, for as long or as little as you like as even a 10-minute spin counts, and everyone who takes part will be in the running for a smaller daily prize including cyclewear.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Everyone can join in - from regular riders to people who haven’t been on a bike in years (or ever!)
- Individuals only have to ride for ten minutes to go into the prize draw (long enough to experience the joy of riding in a winter wonderland and overcome some mental barriers to riding, and short enough to be an easy first step to taking up riding)
- You can ride anywhere, any time – it doesn’t have to be a commute to work, any bike ride counts
- Share the love - encouragement is at the core of Winter Wheelers and we want people to invite their co-workers, friends, and family to take part
- There are some amazing prizes to be won by participating and logging rides
- Winter Wheelers is based on a tried and tested model – we’ve engaged over 570,000 people worldwide, including 132,000 ‘new riders’ (people who haven’t ridden a bike or have only ridden a few times in the 12 months prior to registration)
It only takes 30 seconds to sign up for Winter Wheelers!