Easter Bike Bonanza was a great success
The My Journey Wokingham team were all kept very busy at the Easter holiday Bike bonanza at Woodford Park, Woodley on 18th April 2019. A large number of families came along to get their bikes checked by Doctor Bike and then stayed to enjoy the cycling activities in the sunshine.
Our “Doctor Bike” mechanic checked 30 bikes on the day and a total of 65 people signed in and took part in the free children’s cycling activities which included:
- Balance bike sessions for children aged 2 – 4 years.
- Learn to ride sessions for children aged over 4 years, to help them to start riding a pedal bike without stabilisers.
- Cycle skills sessions for children who could already ride, with tips from our instructors.
- Riding a bike obstacle course on the field (with tips from Sprockets Cycle club who kindly provided the equipment.)
- Making smoothies by pedal power on our popular Smoothie bike.
- Taking part in a bike challenge on a static bike.
- Our My Journey Wokingham information stall was also busy giving out information on sustainable travel and the activities which we run throughout the year for both adults and children.
At least 4 children actually learned to ride a pedal bike on the day and we hope that everyone else had fun on the day and will continue to enjoy cycling in the future.
Thank you to everyone who came along to the event and special thanks to our team of hard-working cycling instructors and bike mechanic.