Railcards offer discounted rail travel further details on each type of railcard as well as where you can purchase one from can be found in the links below. The different railcards available including:
If you are coming to Reading Station by train and want to continue your journey by bus, a PLUSBUS ticket may save you money. PLUSBUS tickets can be used on the bus to the station if bought in advance but cannot be purchased on the bus.
Adult day: £3.40 (Child £1.70, Railcard holder £2,25);
Season tickets: 7-day £15, month £57, three months £155, year £565 (subject to alteration). Child fares: half adult season ticket fares).
Tickets are valid from Reading Station on services operated by Reading Buses to any point within the urban area, (Lion 4/X4 as far as Loddon Bridge, Leopard 3, 3b and 10 and Greenwave as far as Shinfield Park) and Courtney Buses 128/129 to any point within the urban area. A Reading PLUSBUS ticket is valid on routes which operate 24 hours such as the Claret 21. They are not valid on football/rugby specials or Park & Ride services.
You can buy PLUSBUS at:
- Any train station ticket office
- Any rail ticket retaining website
- By phone through train company telesales teams
- Appointed travel agents of National Rail
- Self-service ticket machines (at some stations only)
- By phone from Great Western Railway on 0345 7000 125 (tickets will be posted to you, please allow up to 5 working days for delivery)
Please visit the PLUSBUS website for further information on this service.