Bikeability Level 1/2
Bikeability gives children the skills and confidence they need to cycle on roads. All primary/junior schools in Wokingham borough now offer Bikeability training at school. This is funded by a Bikeability grant from the Department for Transport. The training covers Bikeability Level 1 and 2 (combined).
Level 1/2 courses start in a traffic free area (e.g. a playground or car park) then moves onto quiet roads in the local area, progressing to roads with more traffic by the third session. The training covers Bikeability Level 1 and 2 (combined).
To take part children normally have to be:
- 10 years or over by 31 August 2020
- Able to ride a bike competently
- Owners of a roadworthy bike and a cycle helmet
Want to try the next level?
If you have already passed Bikeability Level 2 and are a confident cyclist, then why not have a go at Level 3? Bikeability Level 3 training teaches you to cycle on more challenging roads and traffic situations, including complex junctions and busy roundabouts.
To be eligible you need to satisfy the following conditions
- Age 11 years or over by 31 August 2020
- Must have already passed Bikeability Level 2 and have experience of cycling on your own in traffic
- Must have a roadworthy bike suitable for road cycling (mountain bikes, hybrids or road bikes are fine, but not BMX-type bikes which don’t have gears)
- Must wear a cycle helmet
For details of our next Bikeability Level 3 course please contact us.